BARCELONA, Spain–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Today we introduce “Dense Air”, a new wholesale network operator, that “enhances and extends” the coverage and capacity of existing Mobile Networks as a “Carrier of Carriers” operator, typically on a neutral host basis. The announcement coincides with the 2018 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, where Dense Air is exhibiting (26 February–1 March 2018).
Airspan Networks announce Dense Air – The Neutral Host Small Cell Operator offering Small Cell. @AirspanNetworks
Dense Air uses Airspan’s comprehensive portfolio set of 4G and 5G small cells to offer services to Mobile Operators in licensed spectrum dedicated to small cells for densification/extension deployments.
“We are very excited about the opportunity to deliver a completely new type of service to mobile carriers. Dense Air’s wholesale service offering will complement the investments carriers have made in their Macro RAN,” said Paul Senior, Acting CEO of Dense Air. “By adding small cells, running in dedicated licensed spectrum to Macro networks at cell edge either outdoors or indoors, we can dramatically improve the service experience to end users, increase speeds and network capacity. Importantly, Dense Air does not and will not offer retail mobile services and does not compete in any way with mobile service providers.”
“The economics of both 4G and 5G small cell deployments can be dramatically improved when deployed using a neutral host solution, i.e. when a single network of small cells can host multiple operators. Our mission is to help MNOs and MVNOs improve their networks by densification without the need to spend CAPEX”.
Dense Air is an optimised network densification and network extension service.
- Solution delivered using Indoor and Outdoor Small Cells
- Service operates in licensed, dedicated spectrum
- Dense Air small cells provide services on a “Neutral Host” basis
- We support 4G LTE and LTE Pro networks and later 5G NR
- Dense Air fills coverage holes and capacity weak spots in Macro Networks
- Services are offered on a wholesale “Carrier of Carriers” basis to Mobile Network Operators
- We DO NOT compete with Mobile Operators or other Service Providers
- Our services are delivered in Urban, Suburban or Rural areas
- The focus is on mobile use cases, including eMBB, IoT, Public Safety
- We also enable Private LTE Networks for Large Enterprises and Governments
Airspan’s product and technologies for 4G LTE and 5G are naturally suited to small cell centric network architectures. Airspan’s unique innovation and technology leadership in intelligent small cells with integrated LTE relay and millimeter-wave backhaul technologies will allow Dense Air to massively densify traditional mobile networks.
About DENSE AIR:
Dense Air is based in London, UK and has offices in Ireland and Belgium, it’s target launch markets. Dense Air uses unique “carrier of carriers” neutral host small cell technologies to deliver cost effective densification to any existing LTE Mobile Carrier or Service Provider. Dense Air is conducting extensive trials and Proof-of-Concepts in 2018 and will offer commercial services in 2019.